Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Thousands of Canadians are touched by breast cancer every year. It impacts people living with the disease, their families, friends and loved ones. Sigma Lambda Gamma works with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation to help create a future without breast cancer. One in every nine women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in our lifetime and one in every twenty seven will die from it. To prevent the suffering of the women and men we love, Sigma Lambda Gamma is working to raise money every year to donate to new research and treatment development. Sigma Lambda Gamma also helps to promote Breast Cancer awareness within the Waterloo Community. In the past we have done bake sales, waxing, date auctions as well as the annual CIBC run for the cure to help raise funds. Please join us to help those you love.
Over 2 million Canadians have diabetes. Type 1 diabetes, usually diagnosed in children and adolescents, occurs when the pancreas is unable to produce insulin. Approximately 10 per cent of people with diabetes have type 1 diabetes. The remaining 90 per cent have type 2 diabetes, which usually develops in adulthood. If left untreated or improperly managed, diabetes can result in a variety of complications. Sigma Lambda Gamma helps to raise awareness and money for the Diabetes Canada. Diabetes Canada has a presence in more than 150 communities across the country. Sigma Lambda Gamma has an annual International Dinner; which the proceeds of the evening are donated to help develop research and new treatments for those who live with diabetes in Canada. Please help us, help those who live with diabetes to live longer and healthier lives.